Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Am I so deadened to other people's suffering that I don't know how to relate to them anymore?

I can come up with numerous justifications of why I couldn't help, of why things didn't turn out the way I want or the way he wants, or why things just weren't a good fit, or whatever.  In the end, however, I've been pretty useless, huh?

I'm sorry.

Sometimes I wonder if I have a mild savior complex. (**edit 9/19/2010** I guess everyone wants to be the hero, huh?)  Yet I rarely go out of my way to help someone--usually they have to come to me instead. KSVD... just a few people whom I've formed strong bonds with, and yet they were the ones who reached out to me.

Thankfully.

Most of the time, I was a bit put off and weirded out (that whole, randomly negative first impression thing), but after a while, I really warmed up to them.

But still, couldn't I be a bit more helpful?  A bit more attentive?  sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment