Monday, August 2, 2010

"Can We Pray About This?"

She says that at almost every phone conversation we have.  To be honest, the first few times, I was surprised...

Prayer?  Oh right, that's true, that would really help.  I forgot...

For me, while Phil. 4:6 may be my life verse ("Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." NLT), I still struggle to remember to pray.  I am usually ready to help my friend with whatever advice and counsel I can come up with--and if I can't think of anything, then prayer would usually be the back-up advice or last word that I have.  Or I would pray in my head that God would give me wisdom to speak to her.

But she pleasantly surprises me with her eagerness to pray, and I really appreciate it.  Her prayers have brought me to my knees with how powerfully raw she lays out her emotions before God.  She's been a real blessing to me, even though I must admit that sometimes constantly being the support can be draining.  I am honored to be able to help, though.
For once, I have been the friend to call up at 2 in the morning to talk about whatever she's going through.  I've always wanted to be that kind of friend for someone.  =)

After all--as selfish as it sounds--it's nice to be needed, huh?


"You're my hero," she says.  That makes me happy, of course (I need that positive encouragement as an ISFJ!  lol)  And yet, these experiences and conversations have taught me so much more about God, whom is the Hero to us both.  Like what it's like to truly care for someone, or how to listen with all of my attention, or just how to be patient.  Dang... God Himself has to deal with all of us, and all of our trials and struggles... it makes you really appreciate such a loving God.  =)


All in all, it makes me think of the quote on Kevin Yi's Facebook About Me:  "When God wants to bless you, He puts a person in your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment