Thursday, October 7, 2010

I guess I don't need him.

The only person I really need is You.

And while sure, I feel like I really could use him in my life; in the end, I don't need it.  Likewise, he doesn't need me.  As much as I might want to be an important part of his life, there's nothing I can do about how he feels.  Plus, I shouldn't be getting into this simply because I want to mean something to him.  That's dumb.

Our friendship has to be God-centered... otherwise it's baseless.

Funny, reminds me of what he had told me years ago... "...you need Jesus."  He was right, after all.  At the time, however, it sounded like pretty impractical advice.  Even when I acknowledge that I do need Him, what do I do then?  How do I even start receiving Him?  Surely there is something more than the Christianese cauldron brew of prayer, the Bible, going to church, etc., right?  Because if not, then where does that leave me?

That's a lifelong journey right there:  learning to depend on God.  Being open to Him, being vulnerable, being broken.  That sounds like a good vague start.
Accepting His love, His forgiveness, His grace.  Some more good vague points.

I suppose one has to make each of those steps a reality to him or herself.  With each of our different experiences, everyone has to learn at their own pace, with their own unique tribulations...

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."  ~Plato

What do all those points mean to me?  Well, we'll see in this blog how they play out.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment