Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Breather

I just had my first bioc exam today.  I think it went fairly well, although you can never be so sure until you get the results back.

Anyway, after being mentally drained from that and everything else going on throughout the rest of the day, I was sitting down and talking with my roommates when I realized that I didn't have anything due tomorrow.  Nothing to study for (well, comprehensive Latin quiz on Friday, but that shouldn't be too bad), nothing to really worry about.

I could just relax.  phew.  I feel like that hasn't happened in a while... or maybe the incessant cramming of bioc the last few days have drained my mind.

Regardless, here are the classes I'm taking this semester:

LING 301 (Phonetics)
LING 321 (Structure of Chinese: Syntax & Semantics)
LATI 101 (Elementary Latin I)
BIOC 310 (Ind. Study for Bioc... basically research-for-credit)
PHYS 125 (General Physics w/ Lab)
BIOC 372 (Immunology)
BIOC 301 (Biochemistry)

...for a total of 22 credits.

I know, I know... a little much.  I actually really dislike having people ask me about what I'm taking, because I always get the inevitable shocked face and "Wow, that's a lot," even when I almost always preface my class listing with a "I might drop something" (in actuality, I've never had any intention of dropping something, unless my grade turns out to be really bad).  I also try to list them in that order, with the easy linguistics courses first and then the sciences last.  Sometimes I actually forget to say research or put it as last.

The same reaction happens anyway.  I guess it's due to me listing off 7 classes, regardless of how easy or hard they seem.

But they're all courses I want to take.  Another one of my rationales is that since Immuno, Physics, and Bioc should be my hardest courses, I actually don't feel like I would spend more time on them if I were taking less courses.  I would just procrastinate more or something.  So I might as well do everything.  haha.  We'll see if this will really work, or if it's just a recipe for disaster...

And now I just took like 2 hours to talk about random stuff to my roommates... haha.  Time to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment