Saturday, September 11, 2010

Phlebotomist

Gave blood on Thursday... the phlebotomist gave me a hot pink bandage cause she said she knew that I would like it.

lol.  I don't really like pink... but still, the symbolism of it dictates that that phlebotomist had quite the gaydar.  Ahaha.

Or maybe she just thought it contrasted nicely with my Rice blue and white clothes...

But still, I thought it was kinda amusing/unnerving.  x]

On a slightly unrelated note, I still think it kinda sucks that if you're a male and you've ever had gay sex--even just once--then you're banned for life from giving blood.  While it is statistically true that sexually active gays have higher rates of STDs, I think better screening processes could be given and then we could allow at least the low-risk gays to give blood.  After all, isn't it a little unfair that high-risk heterosexuals can give their blood with no problem at all?

^ from reading the Pro and Con views of this policy in August's issue of U.S. News while in the Sea-Tac Airport.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment