Monday, February 8, 2010

Try, Try, Try Again

After reading blogs from my college fellowship, I've been inspired and encouraged by them to start blogging. Thing is, this will be at least my third time starting a blog. But now that I'm a freshman in college, I suppose it's time for a new start. A fresh beginning. 
 And even though I've been at college for just over a semester, I've already learned so much more about God, myself, and life in general.

I have had quite a few thoughts over the last few months, yet I neglected to write them down because I told myself I didn't have enough time. So it wasn't until I read something today that Timmy posted over three years ago that I realized I
have to start writing.
"Gonna leave for the States pretty soon. It's been a very interesting summer experience. I wish I could have a vacation retreat to reflect on all that's happened. Life doesn't stop for you though. Everytime you stop to reflect on the past, you miss out on the present. When you don't reflect on the past, you throw away chunks of memories, which, in the end, define your life."
~August 15, 2006

I know how nice it is to go back and reflect on your past (well, it's usually nice). Undoubtedly, I wouldn't want to throw away some of the best years of my life by forgetting to document them. God has been wonderfully gracious to me, and I should never, ever forget that. When I'm older, I'd love to have a record how God has moved through my life, and not have to strain to think and remember.

Now that I've neglected the present (studying orgo for the test on Tuesday/ASB meeting at 9 p.m./laundry party at 10:30 p.m.) enough to make one post, I have no choice to go back.
I promise myself that I will come back and write more. Much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment