Saturday, August 27, 2011

After I walked Ashley to Brown, I

met a drunk lesbian girl not from Rice who was with her friend from Rice (who I knew already) who was helping her.  The drunk girl approached me, asking me where Lovett was (she was asking every person this, even though her friend from Rice knew where Lovett was).  There was a slightly awkward moment where she read my shirt, "Fat is a feeling, not a shape," and she said that she was fat, but not a feeling, a shape.
I weakly tried to reply, "It's ok... I'm fat too..."
But she was like, "No, you're not.  But it's good to know I'm a feeling, not a shape."  This would kind of repeat throughout our conversation.  haha...

Her gaydar was good--right after that, she asked me if I was gay (thinking back, that may be because I said I was fat.  lol).  I said yes, she told me she was lesbian, we hugged, talked for a bit and hugged some more, and while I offered to walk with them to Jones, they demanded that I go study MCAT (which is what I told them I was going to do when they asked if they were taking me away from anything).  The girl told me that she was Jewish and believed in God, and came from a Jewish family, so coming out to her family was difficult.  I told them how I came out to my family last winter break, and they were fortunately pretty accepting about it.  I also told them how my family is Christian, and that I'm Christian, and she mentioned about her girlfriend who was Catholic, but described her in terms of not a really practicing Catholic, and she kind of asked about me, about if I were Protestant.  I affirmed that I was, and that I was actually co-President of my Christian fellowship here.  haha.

A good-looking girl passed by, and she went to go talk to her.
During this, the mutual friend hugged me, and I told her how because of what I believe about the Bible, I was actually celibate.  I invited her to come to CCF, though, and she said that she would.  She started to mention how religion was a really complex subject, but then got cut off by her friend who came back.  She then said that after saying that, she felt like she should explain herself, but I said that we could just have a meal sometime.  The girl agreed, and said she would like to come to CCF, and her lesbian friend was like, "Yes, go have a meal with David!"  My friend, looking a little distressed/concerned about what I had told her, tried to tell me that I was a good person and kind and all.  She wished me luck with everything I was going through, and hugged me multiple times.  I told her how good it was that we got to catch up a little, and she laughed and said that it was nice, although under pretty strange circumstances.  haha.  true true.

We said our goodbyes, hugged some more, and then parted ways.  It was pretty interesting, pretty crazy, and pretty awesome.  (Curiously, the drunk girl shares the same name as the girl I met on fourth floor Wiess.  haha.)

I'm excited to meet up with that mutual friend of the lesbian and I, and it's cool to see God working, especially when I least expect it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment