Monday, August 22, 2011

I wish I could meet more people like how I met her tonight.  She was crying after her phone call, and after multiple questions of if she was ok, and if she wanted to talk, we hugged for a minute and then introduced ourselves.

I've been so selfish these past two years.  Last year, I still remember seeing an Asian guy who looked so dejected and depressed as he walked towards Anderson.  I'm sure I saw him at least once more, and each time I wanted to ask if he was ok.  But I didn't.  I was too lazy and too scared.

May You help me to change that this year, Lord.  You're the one who empowers me, who gives me the strength to continue and the strength to reach out.

Tonight, I almost walked by and just left her, but hearing her sniffling, I knew I needed to turn around.  And I almost started to walk away after she said that she was gonna be fine.  What else can I do, then, if she doesn't want to talk?  But she did, at least briefly.  And it was so good.

May I be selfless for Your glory... especially when I never see the benefits of it, unlike tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment